White Panama with Black Band
Regular price £45.00
Here at Equal Earth we are passionate about our Panama Hats! Traded and packed by ourselves, we will not be beaten on quality!
Our hats are all fairly traded and ethically sourced directly from our friends in Ecuador.
Each hat is meticulously hand woven from Toquilla palm which is indigenous to the coastal regions of South America.
This hat has a black outer band.
All hats have a sewn in comfort, as well as average brim size of 6cm. However this can vary from hat to hat, so should you wish for a smaller or larger brim width, please feel free to message us as we may be able to help with your request.
Included with every order are 2 cork strips which can be used to help 'fine tune' the hat. This may be useful when buying a hat for a gift. We know it can be tricky to obtain an exact hat size, so these cork strips can help adjust the hat 1-2cm. Simply pop the cork strips underneath the comfort band to help achieve a tighter fit.
As well as this, each hat comes with a glossy pamphlet with instructions on how to roll the Panama, care information and a little bit about their history.
We have new stock arriving all the time, so if the size you require is out of stock you are welcome to pre-order from us! Please message us for details!
Measuring Your Head
Obtaining the right size hat can make all the difference when it comes down to the style and appearance of your panama. You don’t want it so big that so it drops down over the tops of your ears or blows off in the wind - nor too small so it perches on the top of your head.
To ensure you measure the circumference of your head correctly, the tape measure needs to be placed around the middle of your forehead, just above your ears and sit midway at the back of your head. Do not pull the tape too tightly unless you want your hat to be as tight.
We recommend to measure yourself 2-3 times just to be as accurate as possible.
If you do not have a flexible tape measure, a piece of string will do (although this method is not as accurate). Once you have measured your circumference and marked the string, lie it flat and measure it.
IMPORTANT - please note that sizing is NOT accurately determined by the measurement of the inner band of an existing hat, as the type and stretch of the inner band fabric in each hat can affect accuracy. We recommend the best method of measuring for your new hat is to measure your own head.
Please see the photo in our product images for help with measuring your head.
- MADE IN ECUADOR: Equal Earth are pleased to present their 100% genuine rolling Panama Hats! Made from natural Toquilla Palm, these hats are lightweight and breathable making them the perfect must have summer accessory.
- FASHIONABLE: Available in either white or natural (brown), these hats are a timeless classic that will never go out of fashion! The hats first gained popularity in the 19th century when the Panama Canal was being constructed. The light weight hats were perfect for protecting the workers from burning in the tropical sun. 100 years on, they are still as popular and efficient!
- EASY CARE & CLEANING: All orders come complete with a information pamphlet detailing everything you need to know about the panama hat. Did you know our hats are rollable? We even sell travel tubes, perfect for keeping your hat safe whilst on the move! (available separately or part of a bundle deal from our store.)
- SUSTAINABLE: Sustainable & environmentally friendly, Equal Earth has been working alongside artisans in Ecuador since 2003 ! They also use recycled packaging supplies, and will even reuse them again should you wish to return them!
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Buy with confidence! You'll love our hats, but for whatever reason you may return the product within 30 days of your purchase